Social Media Best Practices
As we negotiate a new national agreement between Kaiser Permanente and the Alliance of Health Care Unions, we ask that you respect the bargaining process by following these social media guidelines. Doing so will help ensure the spirit and integrity of our interest-based negotiations.
- DO adhere to the spirit of partnership in your social media posts.
- DON’T reveal confidential information – including information shared during caucus meetings, private communications, or any other sensitive details.
- DO express your own opinion. Make clear that you’re expressing your personal views. The freedom to speak up and share ideas without fear of retaliation is an important part of the interest-based bargaining process. When engaging on social media, we ask you to refrain from attacking others, quoting individuals by name, or commenting on specific discussions. We all must model the spirit of partnership by working together to achieve creative, mutually beneficial solutions that help us maintain respectful and constructive relationships.
- DO share links from our new bargaining website, bargaining2021.org.
- DO follow and share social posts from LMP, the Alliance and affiliate unions .
Sample Social Media Posts
Need inspiration? Here are examples of social media posts that you can use:
- “Honored to participate in 2021 National Bargaining between @AboutKP and @AHCunions. @LMPtalk. For updates, visit bargaining2021.org.”
- “Proud to represent [union name] during 2021 National Bargaining between @AboutKP and @AHCunions. #UnionStrong @LMPtalk.”
Cyber hacks and threats are common. Protect yourself online by following these common-sense cyber safety tips:
- Limit the personal and professional information you share.
- Choose strong passwords.
- Practice safe browsing.
- Make sure your Internet connection is secure.
- Do not download or click on suspicious content.
Have questions or need more information about our social media guidelines? Please email your queries to LMPComms [at] lmpartnership.org.